Skip to content ↓


Transport is arranged by the Local Authority (Enfield Council) and not by Fern House School.
A child or young person with special educational needs (SEN) may be eligible for free home-to-school transport which is provided by The Local Authority. Eligibility is based on an assessment of the child or young person's individual needs in accordance with Enfield Council’s Travel Assistance Policy.

The policy sets out in details the criteria used when deciding if a particular pupil should be provided with transport.

This includes: 

  • The pupil's age
  • The pupil's needs
  • The distance between home and school
  • The nature of the route, or alternative routes, which they could reasonably be expected to take.

Pupils with an Education, Health and Care Plan and pupils attending special schools or units are not automatically entitled to assistance with travel.

Decisions about eligibility are made by the Local Authority and any exceptional requests are considered by the Authority's SEN Panel. 

See below the Travel Assistance Policy

Click here  for Application for a Child or Young Person to Receive Travel Assistance

Useful contacts

SEN Department at Enfield Council: 020 8379 5667

Transport Telephone Number: 020 8379 1258