Work Experience / Employers
In an increasingly competitive job market, qualifications are not enough to secure a job and employers, as well as looking at academic achievements, will want to see the evidence of the development of a range of skills that will be beneficial in the workplace.
Work Experience become one of the most useful and beneficial ways of gaining useful skills and a valuable insight into the workplace.
As Work Experience can take many forms, Fern House School offer different experiences for our students:
- Termly placement year for Year 10 and Year 11 pupils
- 1or 2 weeks placement for Year 10 and Year 11 pupils
- Volunteering Week for Year 7 to Year 11 pupils
- Mini-jobs and responsibilities at the school for Year 3 to Year 11 pupils
- Interviews with employers for Year 10 and 11 pupils
Work Experience placements assist pupils in their transition from school to work and aim to:
- Provide pupils with an opportunity to relate school studies in the workplace
- Give students an insight into the diversity of employees in the workplace
- Prepare pupils for the demands and expectations of the working world
- Help pupils make informed career decisions by assessing their aptitudes and interests, and exploring potential careers
- Improve pupils’ maturity, confidence and self-reliance
- Provide a link between school and local community.
- Provide pupils with appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes concerning both paid and unpaid work.
If you are a business and would like to support Fern House School with our careers provision, please get in touch with Raul Casas Oriza – Raul.email@example.com